2008!? Time flies. Last night, we celebrated by taking Jack to First Night, the big "family-friendly" event downtown. We were at City Hall at 5:00 to see the Asylum Street Spankers. They played songs from their children's album, "Mommy Says No". They are normally not a children's band. Google them. Anyway, their children's songs are cute. What little kid doesn't like banjos, washboards and kazoos? An older couple sitting behind us wanted to take this picture for us. They were gushing over Jack and said that looking back, they didn't have any photos that included both parents and the baby. Anytime we go out with the baby, people get all warm and fuzzy and either smile at us or come talk to us. Austin sometimes feels like a different place when you experience it with a baby. We stayed out until Jack couldn't take any more fun. Shawn and I managed to stay awake 'til 10. I think we said "Happy New Year" when we heard the fireworks at midnight, but I was sleeping. (Jack happened to sleep from 7-3 last night! I'm hopeful that this is a new pattern for the New Year.)

No comments:
Post a Comment