Sunday, January 27, 2008

Updates







Where to start. We've had several busy days in a row. That's why I haven't posted in a week. We managed to fill the harddrive of our computer with movies. 200+Gigs of video. I have some cute video of him babbling that I wanted to upload but I have to purge our movies folder in order to do so. It may be a while. Jack has a few new tricks. He's a master crawler now. He's fast and agile. He'll crawl right over your legs or toys or whatever is in his way. He'll drag a toy across the room either in his hand or unknowingly under his belly. He has a keen eye for every electrical cord, surge protector, and sharp object within a 15' radius. He also loves trash. He's currently trying to figure out what the pedal on our trash can does. I imagine it won't be long before he figures it out. Jack is also babbling a lot. Yesterday was "da da da da da da da" over and over again. He also likes to say "a-ghee", "day, day ,day" and "maaaa". Pretty cute. Jack certainly found his voice. (Not that it was missing.) We went out for lunch yesterday and he thought it would be fun to yell at the restaurant. We're lucky that we live in an area with lots of parents. It was a happy noise he was making, but it's possible only a parent would know that.


Otherwise, he's still working on his two bottom teeth. He's turned into quite a good sleeper. With a few exceptions he sleeps from 7-5, eats and then sleeps 'til 7. It's an odd day when either nap is longer than 40 min. but hey, he sleeps a ton at night so I'm not complaining. We're also trying out new foods. So far Jack eats: oatmeal, barley, bananas, apples, apricots, peaches, blueberries, plums, peas, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, winter squash, mangos, spinach, carrots and potatoes. He hates the rice cereal now, but who can blame him. That stuff is gross. I thought he was ready for some finger foods so I mashed up an avocado and gave it to him. He had a great time squishing it in between his fingers and smearing it around, but didn't understand that he was suppose to eat it. He took a small nibble off my finger and immediately gagged. I'll take that as a sign that he's not ready. I also gave him some water in a sippy cup last week. He hated it. He screwed up his face and gagged. You would have though I had given him something vile.




No comments:

Post a Comment