[flickr video=2478702271 secret=aa224db188 w=400 h=300]
My first Mother's Day as a Mom. (I think last year counted given I was pregnant, but Shawn disagrees). What are we doing today? Taking it easy. Shawn just got back from a week long business trip. I was dreading his leaving me home with the baby for an entire week, but it went well. Jack and I kept really busy and it seemed to go by quickly. But, doesn't every day go by quickly now? Shawn was sweet and tried to let me sleep late this morning. Jack had other plans. Jack sure loves his mom. I at least got to take a shower without Jack this morning. A treat! So, we're playing in the living room. Jack is chasing his golf ball, Dad's cooking breakfast and I get a moment or two to type without Jack pulling at me. He likes to stand at the arm of my chair and whine and pull until I pick him up. He LOVES to look at videos of himself. This one of him chuckling is is favorite so far. He giggles along with the baby on the screen. I'm so lucky to have such a sweet baby.
Also, Jack's "words" are back this week. He use to babble a lot. Ma-ma, da-da, ba-ba, a-ghee. For the last few weeks he hasn't said anything except "ehsh". Like you're pronouncing the letter "h" with a "sh" instead of a "ch" at the end. EVERYTHING is "ehsh". He points and yells "ehsh" at everything he wants. The consonants came back on Friday. Yeah! We also know he understands a few words. Those are: milk, mama, cookie, truck, ball, poo poo, book, baby and bye-bye. So cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment