Saturday, May 31, 2008

11 Months! Holy Cow!

Longhorn
Happiness
Brand New Shoes
Lounging
Testing out a new life vest


I forgot to post that Jack is 11 months old! What!?! How can that be? Sweet, sweet baby.


Jack is working hard on his front teeth. We've been wondering when those top teeth would pop out. He's had two little bottom teeth for a long time now while the top ones have been sitting there, threatening to come out. The finally started breaking through the skin two days ago. To celebrate, Jack has been cranky and waking up at night. Maybe they'll pop through quickly. He's been chewing on everything in site so I wouldn't be surprised if several teeth come through at one time next.


Jack continues to surprise me. He understands more words everyday. He can show you his toes, shoes, mouth and the potty. Here he is checking out his new shoes. He can point to his bellybutton and to yours. It's adorable. His annoying new skill involves the remote control. He knows what it is and what it does. Every morning, he brings me the remote and says "ehsh!". He'll turn around and wait for the TV to come on. If you tell him "No TV". He hands you the remote more insistently. If you turn on the TV, he "gives" it back to you and cries unless it's on Yo Gabba Gabba. Seriously. He isn't interested in watching anything else. Just Yo Gabba Gabba which happens to not be airing on Nick Jr. anymore in this area. We're stuck watching the same 5 episodes I happened to have saved on our DVR. I suspect Jack likes all the singing and dancing. I like the show, too. How could you not like the songs "Don't Bite Your Friends" and "There's a Party in My Tummy, So Yummy." I suppose it could be worse. He could insist that we watch "Cops".


Jack's new favorite thing is his Boppy. Jack adopted the Boppy as his own personal home base. He rolls all over it and lounges on it when he needs a rest. He does sometimes lay still. He'll also sit in the center of the pillow like it's a seat. We really need to get this kid his own chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment