Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Updates

Trucks-Early in the Morning
Standing
Sorting Blocks


Well, Jack and I are up really early this morning. (Dad sleeps in. I'm too nice to him.) For some unknown reason, Jack was up every 2 hours last night. Out of the blue. It sucked. He's been sleeping so well for a long time now. Is it the teething?Come 5:30 he's crying like something is really wrong. I'm worried he's sick. Turns out he just wanted to play with his trucks and this block sorting toy.....the one where you push the blocks through the holes and it plays really loud music. Uggh. He's super cranky this morning.


Now that I'm up I should take some time to write about all the exciting things Jack has been doing. First, he's been standing often. He'll pop right up in the middle of the room and start clapping. I finally managed to get a picture. He's also been pushing his lion with one hand. He's unsteady with just one hand, but it won't be long before he decides to let go.


Weeee!


Jack is obsessed with reading books. There is no other word to describe it. We usually read a book or two then nurse before bedtime (and most naptimes). I've been letting Jack "choose" the book he wants to read. The books are in a basket on the floor so he picks out the book he wants and drops it in my lap or hands it to me. Lately, he can't get enough of "Where's Spot?". Last week it was "The Very Busy Spider". He might still want to read this one every chance he got, but I hid it. I can't read that one anymore. We would finish it and he'd want to start at the beginning again. I tried moving the book to the bottom of the book pile but he would just dig it out and hand it to me...again, and again, and again.


I've been signing words to Jack off and on for many months. A few weeks ago, about he time he starting waving, we thought we were maybe seeing signs but we couldn't tell for sure. This weekend, Jack clearly signed "milk" and "more" to me. I guess he was tired and ready to nap so he dug a book out of his toy basket and plopped it in my lap. When we finished the book he looked at me and signed "milk". Too cute.It was in context and sure enough, he wanted more milk. This past weekend, he made the sign for milk whenever I said the word "milk". Is he practicing? Jack signed "milk" all over the grocery store yesterday, or was he waving at all the people? The sign for milk is similar to a wave especially one made by chubby little hands. With the next kid, we're making up a new sign for milk. We'll get the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment