Today, Jack and I met up with some other Moms at the park. (I managed to get a few shots before my camera batteries died.) Jack had a great time exploring the stairs of the playscape. Considering we don't have stairs in our house, he did really well. He negotiated them with ease....maybe too much ease. It made me nervous to see him bounding for the steps so quickly. We played in the grass, took a turn on the swings and played in the sand. Jack tried to eat every single rock or stick in his path. I was able to keep nearly everything out of his mouth but he did eat a big handful of sand. Ugh. I guess it'll come out the other end. (He's been pretty indifferent about his sippy cup, but after a handful of sand he was wanting his water pretty bad.) Later on Jack was baptized Austin-style. I stripped him down and he took his first dip into Barton Springs. (Ok, so I left the diaper on and it got HUUUGE. Next time we'll bring our swimsuit just in case we need to get into the water.) Jack sat in the shallow end and splashed with the other babies. After a few minutes of that he decided it was OK to crawl around on the rocks. We were having a great time in the water, then he started eating the rocks. What is it with the rocks, kid? It's exhausting trying to keep everything out of his mouth. Jack protested when I pulled him out of the water to take him home......then he conked out in the car before we got out of the parking lot. So much excitement! I think he's going to really dig swim lessons.


No comments:
Post a Comment