Friday, April 4, 2008

Odds and Ends



Hail!


Someone asked me recently what was something nice they could do for a friend of theirs who was a new Mom. I said, bring (or send) food. Don't ask, just do it. That's the way to go. I say if you're close to the couple, then do the dishes too....or the laundry. If you're really close, offer to take the baby on a walk for a half an hour...while he/she is crying and change a diaper or two. She'll probably go for the layette set, but really, I thought my suggestions were right on the money.


I realized at playgroup yesterday just how big all the babies are getting. Everyone, even little MJ, was sitting up and playing. Ben can crawl now so Jack has a buddy to chase after who can turn around and chase him back. This is such a fun age to have all the babies together. I forgot my camera yesterday so there's no picture to go with this post. Instead, I'll post a photo of the giant hail rocks that just rained down on my car.(That's Shawn's hand by the way.) I can't tell that there are any dings in my car but I haven't looked too closely...it is raining after all. This was the chunk closest to our front door. I'm sure there were bigger pieces in the yard. Still, this is the largest piece of hail I've ever seen in person. The annual "maybe we should get a carport" conversation has begun.



No comments:

Post a Comment