Jack went with me to yoga today. The studio we go to offers an "infant yoga" class....which is to say they have a few babysitters in the other studio. I was worried about how Jack would do leaving Mom for a while, but I suspected that he would love the other babies and the distraction would make my leaving ok. Turns out I was right. Jack was in heaven. As I left to go to class he was cooing at the other kids and curiously exploring all the new toys they had there. When I came back, he was sitting smack in the middle of the babies eating a pile of some other baby's cheerios. (We found out at playgroup last week that he adores cheerios. He lunged for another baby's bowl of cheerios and shoved whole fistfulls in his mouth. It's been all about the cheerios since then. He can't get enough. In fact as I write this he is scooting around under the dining room table eating all the cheerios leftover from lunch.) The ladies watching the babies during yoga asked if he was "always this happy." I hear that from a lot of people. Is Jack unusually happy? Maybe. I don't have a lot to compare him to. The yoga ladies said he "beamed" at everyone the whole time. I'm so lucky that he likes it there not just because I signed up for an 8 week workshop but because he so clearly loves being with the other little ones. (I don't have any yoga pictures to share...maybe next week.) So for lack of a better one, this is Jack blowing raspberries on the glass in our sunroom. He loves to stand here a yell at cars, birds, dogs anything going by.

No comments:
Post a Comment