

And what about Ivy? I realized I've written a lot about the things we are doing, but not a lot about what Ivy can do now. She's 100% toddler now. At 14 months, she has 6 teeth and a whole mouth full of swollen gums. She is an amazing eater. She also LOVES to feed you her food. Her favorite things right now are cheerios, raisins, and mandarin oranges. We had to stop buying the clementines because Ivy became obsessed. If we have them in the kitchen she spends a large amount of time asking you for oranges. She'll bite right through the rind to get to the juicy center, orange after orange. One afternoon I was letting her hold an orange in the back seat...before I knew she would maul it. Suddenly, I look in the mirror and she's got her face in the middle of the orange. She gnawed the top right off. We had a few cans of mandarin oranges in the pantry. We opened one thinking they would be easier to eat. They were and we unintentionally created a can monster. Ivy proceeded to chase us around the house, begging us for the juicy oranges inside..even if said can contained beans. It didn't matter that the shape or picture on the front were different from the oranges can. She followed us around lugging cans all over the house for a few days. As Shawn says, "She loves these cans!".


Ivy has found her voice. Her favorite thing to say is "jack!". Mama and Dada run a close second. She had a few signs: bird, more, dog, eat, I want that, change, milk and my favorite, me. She'll pat her little chest when she wants something....like "milk, me" or "me, I want that". It's so cute. Ivy is extremely gregarious. She says Hi to everyone. EVERYONE. She also learned to yell. I would call it more of a scream. A high pitched, loud as can be scream. She discovered this at a restaurant Saturday night. We're lucky we eat at 5, because at any other time, they might have asked us to leave. Ivy was like a siren. Fingers crossed, this won't last long. Ivy talks to us all the time. She often babbles but we understand everything she's saying.
Ivy loves to do anything Jack is doing. She even growls. If Jack is a dinosaur, Ivy is too. If Jack is jumping on the bed, Ivy is right behind him. If he's yelling, she is too.
No comments:
Post a Comment