
We're wrapping up a fun weekend this evening. The kids just went to bed. We're enjoying the quiet.Jack was needing a little 'mom time' this weekend so Ivy hung with Dad while Jack and I headed to Hoppin House...or Hocken House and Jack says it. He thought the bouncy slides were a lot of fun, but he spent the majority of his time in the foam lava pit. Imagine a ball pit filled with 6" blocks of red foam, all over a trampoline. He was hesitant to get in at first. He told me he was 'worried he would fall to the bottom'. So we held hands and jumped in together. He was off after that. Let me add that it is a lot harder to heave your grown up body out of the pit that I ever remember it being as a child. Jack spent an hour jumping in and then crawling in what seemed like slow motion out of the pit. By the end of the hour, he would stand with his back to the edge of the pit and free fall into it. Hoppin House accomplished mission #1 at our house which is to wear Jack out.

This morning, Jack helped me decorate the Christmas Tree and then we went ice skating. Jack did amazingly well! He wore trainer skates which have two blades close together on each shoe. Again, he was timid at first but was quickly shuffling around the rink. Ten minutes into it he decided it was not cool to hold your Mom's hand and told me to go skate by myself...that he wanted to skate alone. OK. It was unbelievably sweet to see him tap tap tap around the rink. He stayed mostly on the edge but every so often he would decided to run the gauntlet and shuffle so slowly across the middle of the rink paying no attention to the skaters coming his way. He only fell a few times. He told me I needed to help him if he fell. I told him I would. He then waved me over and whispered, "Mom, I'm going to pretend to fall a little bit." You can't tell from his expression, but he had a lot of fun. He asked if he could come back again because "skating is so much fun!"
No comments:
Post a Comment