



As the year wraps up, we're enjoying a spat of time at home with nothing much to do. Shawn has been able to take the week off so it's family time all the time.
We had a lovely Christmas with my parents. Jack got the one and only thing he asked Santa for...Fighting Zhu Zhu pets. Ivy got a bouncing horse which Jack has taken full reign over. I spent 2 hours on Christmas Eve putting together what I consider to be a pretty cool play kitchen for both kids. Once the dust settled they noticed it and so far it looks like a useful addition to our dining room. Next year, we're going to request that Santa deliver all toys pre-assembled.
We had a minor Christmas tragedy that Shawn and I are still feeling a bit bad about. While the kids were playing away I heard the chickens making an awful sound outside. They had been milling about on their own in the front yard. Yes, I realize this is asking for trouble. Two loose dogs got two of the birds. R.I.P. 'Lightning McQueen' and 'Tree'. Poor little chickens. Shawn called the feed store to see if they had any of the Barred Rock sisters left. The three I saw there last week were gone. So we will have 4 chickens. No more spares.Shawn hopes to finish the coop this week. If I may speak for the chickens, we're all looking forward to that.
No comments:
Post a Comment