
Jack had his first real swim lesson yesterday and I would say it was a success. (I didn't bring my camera, so I'm just posting a recent photo I like.) We worked on establishing a verbal cue that would let Jack know we were about to get in the water. To practice, Jack sat on the edge of the pool. I counted "1...2...3!" and then I'd bring Jack off the edge and into the pool with me. Several of the babies had to be physically lifted into the pool each time. Several others had to be coaxed away from Mom. Not Jack. Once he figured out what was going on, we had to practice waiting 'til "3". As soon as I put my hands up, Jack would lob his little body at me. It made me laugh. Jack also practiced grabbing a toy underwater. What a clever way to get him to put his face in the water. We attempted blowing bubbles, but Jack didn't get it. He kept putting his mouth in the water, getting a mouthful and then spitting it out. Close enough. We've got all month.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Swim Lessons
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment