Jack really enjoys his bath. I was making him sit down the entire time he was in the bath, but then I thought, "What the heck. He likes to stand up." We got a non-slip mat so I feel ok with it. I'm less ok with the fact that he drinks the bath water. At swim lessons, we're working on blowing bubbles in the pool. Jack still opens his mouth when it gets near the water instead of closing it. We demonstrate but he just drinks the water. Uggh. So today in the bath he squatted down and tried to blow bubbles and instead he drank the bath water. Gross. How do I explain water in a cup is ok, water in the bath is not? I'm open to ideas. Jack loves, loves, loves to play with the faucet knobs. He discovered all by himself how neatly his blue cup fit sover the knobs. Jack was so pleased with himself and so entertained. He squealed and moved this cup back and forth for a long while. He wants to eat the faucet and soap dish. Crazy baby. His other favorite bath time game is called "I Throw Everything Out of the Tub, Including Full Cups of Water". I'm less thrilled with this one.
Every day I'm amazed at what Jack understands. Last night he was starting to wind down. I said "Grab your blanket and let's go nite nite.".....and he did it! He grabbed his blanket, walked into his room and laid down on the floor. Sweet, sweet baby. He also understands"outside", "potty", "bath" and "keys". I'm sure there are other words I'm forgetting. He's able to understand so much and he can communicate pretty well. He only says "up", "mama", "dada" and we think "dog" but he gets his point across.He's fond of telling me when he's ready to go. At yoga this week, he ran to me as soon as I walked in the room. He handed me his shoes and started dragging my yoga mat towards the door. He's subtle, no?



No comments:
Post a Comment