
Jack took went on his first plane ride this weekend. He accompanied me to Houston. Jack played with Granddad while I went wedding dress shopping with my sister. (Turns out Pops is a great babysitter and Mere found a great dress. All was a success.) Jack did really well on the plane. He only cried a little bit upon landing in Houston. Coming back, he ate when we took off and slept until we walked into the terminal. (YES! That's exactly what I was hoping for). Lately, Jack has been really clingly. He'll cry for me when I walk into the kitchen. So, I was surprised to see him go nuts in the airport. I hoped he would crawl around for a while and get some energy out. I wasn't disappointed. He took off! He was more independent than he normally is at home. He had a great time racing around the gate. He was blur. I had a difficult time getting a clear photo. We met another baby who was 9 months old. It was bizarre to see Jack playing with this older baby because Jack was able to do nearly everything the 9mo old could do. They were both crawling around and pulling up on things. The older baby could step from one object to the next. Jack can't do that yet, but he is really close. I know I'm his mom so my opinions are colored, but when I see him with other babies I think Jack is advanced for his age. That exciting and frightening at the same time.
Now, about sleep. Jack (and consequently, I) had a rough night in Houston. Obviously he knows he's in a different place, in a different crib and I think it freaks him out a bit. He naps poorly as well. I simply can't get up several times a night anymore. I'm done. I can handle one feeding and that's it. So yesterday I made sure we were home and Jack could nap in his bed at the right times. We made a big deal out of the bed time routine and I think it all worked. Jack woke up several times before 3, but each time he whined and fussed himself back to sleep. I fed him around 3 and he slept until 7:00. YEAH! I don't know what happened last week to throw him off his routine, but this week I'm trying really hard to get us back on the 7-5-7 train. There will likely be a lot of crying at my house this week, but Momma has to sleep!
One more thing. Shawn showed me a new way to post photos on the site that I think will make them quicker to download without sacrificing any of the quality. Hopefully that will make the site load faster for everyone.




No comments:
Post a Comment