Saturday, February 16, 2008

Baby Mum-Mums

Baby Mum-Mum




Jack and I are up early. He's full of energy and ready to attack the world. Me, I'd rather be asleep. But that's how it goes. It's fortunate that he's so charming.


Jack has been a busy busy boy the last few days. He's been eyeing our dining room chairs for quite a while. This week he figured out how to stand up next to them. He was pretty pleased with himself. I was less pleased that he was chewing the fancy woven seat. (I'm crossing my fingers that our mid-century modern furniture survives having kids in the house. Maybe I'll just cover everything in plastic.)


I gave Jack a teething biscuit the other day. He loved it but I was really worried he would bite off a big chunk. Instead of the biscuits, I've been giving Jack Baby Mum-Mums. He LOVES them. Mum-Mums are these surfboard shaped rice crackers that dissolve quickly. Jack will bite off a hunk, but because he's 75% drool the cracker chunk turns to paste before it causes any trouble. He loves to feed himself. He's a beginner. I usually have to pick the remaining mum mum bits off his shirt, hands and face before he rubs them into our carpet. He's really into smearing things. If he's crawling around and suddenly gets quiet I know it's because he's spit up and is smearing it around with his hands. Is that too much information? It as good thing we don't have carpet.



No comments:

Post a Comment