We packed several friends into the car this morning and headed to the San Antonio Zoo. Jack shared a stroller with his friend Riley. He thought that was more fun than some of the animals. The SA zoo is surprisingly not stroller friendly. Very few exhibits have plexiglass safety partitions, so if you're in a stroller you can't see the animals. I'm trying hard not to lift Jack if at all possible so he saw the tops of a lot of animals. The animals he did see and love were the monkeys. He thinks all monkeys jump now. You say "monkey" he says "jump". He's also drawing pictures of monkeys. His doodle looks like a circle to you and I but he will point at it and say "ooo aah". The zoo has a special area for kids under 5. We put on the zoo-issued swim diapers (not before the babies all ran in fully clothed) and let them loose in the fake river. They had a blast! Of course none of them had extra clothes. Jack walked to the car in his shirt shoes and diaper. On the way to the car we passed the zoo train....or several zoo trains. We had to stop and waive at each one. I'm sure the people on the train wondered why this kid had no pants on. It was a great trip. Jack slept all the way home. Now, I'm ready for my nap.


No comments:
Post a Comment