Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring.

It is most certainly spring. We had a few days of warm weather that were both enjoyable because we could run around barefoot…and loathsome for reminding me that it’s only getting hotter and hotter from here out. Uggh. Are you tired of hearing me complain about the heat yet? So, we went to the Rodeo Saturday. The Austin rodeo is tiny compared to Houston, but it’s perfect for kids. Totally manageable in a morning. We saw some goats. Jack liked the full size teepees. We had BBQ and finished up with the pig races. Ivy got some sun on her cheeks. Oops. It didn’t even occur to us to put sunscreen on her. At least it was mild. At the park yesterday, I kept her hat on her. She looked so sweet in her floppy hat! Jack never liked hats. Maybe Ivy won’t mind them and I’ll get to put her in silly floppy hats all the time…with her little dresses…oh my. I’m loving my baby girl in her spring dresses. Actually, with the warmer weather my kids are both spending a lot of time in very little clothing. 




AND Jack surprised me by saying “yes” when I asked if I could take his picture with Ivy. Here they are, American Gothic. Check out Jack’s tatoos. His teacher is a rock star.


No comments:

Post a Comment