*ETA—-I wrote this almost two weeks ago and forgot to post it. I was hoping to snap a cute picture to go with it. Since then, we’re back to our old sleeping ways. So is life.
It has been an exciting week here at the Shillington house. Ivy learned to roll over, both ways. Early this week, she was laying on her back on a blanket in the living room while I put the dishes away. I heard a thump that took me a second to make sense of. When I went back into the living room she was laying on her back several feet from when she started. I’ve caught her in the act since.Previously, she was happy to turn her bottom half over and leave her heavy noggin’ facing up. I guess she finally garnered the strength or desire to bring the rest of her along for the ride. It may be a coincidence, but Ivy started sleeping better at night as well. Much to my relief, she sailed past her regular 3 hour wake ups and slept from 6:30-2 last night! She ate again at 6 and was down ‘til 7:30. It’s an odd day that we all wake up before the baby. I hope she keeps this up!
A lot of parenting so far seems to be about helping my kids sail in and out of various phases. Jack has been so wonderful to his new sister, but it has been a big adjustment for him. A big part of our interacting has been helping him find the right words and appropriate outlets for his frustrations. I can tell that in the last week, he’s really put it all together. I’m so proud of this little boy. Or should I say Big Boy. He’s happy to tell you that he is “a big boy now!”. Did I mention he’s almost completely out of diapers!?!! Yesterday morning he woke me early because he needed to use the potty. His diaper had stayed dry all night! I couldn’t believe it. We got to the bathroom and he patted me on the arm and said, “You’re a good Mommy”. Melt my heart. Isn’t that what it’s all about.
No comments:
Post a Comment