Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

Now that the holidays have settled into those quiet few days before New Years, I thought I would take a minute for an update.


I would call Christmas a success. Shawn and I decided a while ago that while the kids were little we would always do Christmas at home. We announced that we would be here for Christmas and anyone who wanted to could join us. And they did. We squeezed 8 1/2 around our IKEA table and dug in. Shawn fixed a standing rib roast. We had brussel sprouts, cornbread pudding and yorkshire puddings with it.


This is the first year that Jack really understood Santa. At least he understood that he would get presents. Having kids around makes Christmas magical again. I was eager to see his sweet face on Christmas morning when he saw the load Santa left for him. Jack made out well. He had an assembly of new toys to play with. Before Christmas, he asked Santa for a “truck, Roary and Thomas”. He got all three in some form or another.


We spent much of the holiday playing Apples to Apples and stuffing our faces with food. Here are some photos to prove it.








No comments:

Post a Comment