BTW, look at all that hair!

What else is new? We're having a baby girl! We haven't directly told Jack there is a baby in my tummy that is going to upset his world come September. I read somewhere that kids this age don't have a concept of time and talking about the baby too early can be stressful. Who knows if this is true. In case it is, we've been gradually making changes to make room for baby. Jack moved to his new room a few weeks ago without any issues. He thought it was fun to help us move all his animals and show him his new room. It seems that wherever his bed and toys are is "Jack's Room". Lately he wants to sleep on the floor. Last night I left him on the floor until he fell asleep and then moved him to his bed. Jack is stuck somewhere between wanting the crib "closed" (meaning the rail on) and not wanting to be cooped up. He wants his autonomy, but not too much. We're thinking of reintroducing the toddler bed, but I'm nervous. Last time, none of us slept well.....and I need my sleep. I have more energy this trimester than I did the first, but as I'm nearing the third trimester I can tell the fatigue is coming back.
That's me, barefoot and pregnant at 24 weeks.

See the kitchen. It's gone. This is what my kitchen looked like a few days ago:
No comments:
Post a Comment