
It's been really exciting for him to have loud saws, drills, and hammers in the house. He asks me nearly every day to go see Michael and Ben "work kitchen". We had a few setbacks (nothing big or unexpected really) but progress is going well. I have new counters a functional sink and dishwasher. By this afternoon I should have a backsplash and hopefully a functional cooktop. The oven is close to ready but I'm in no hurry to use it. It is so flippin' hot here. My AC can't keep up.


One thing about having my house torn up is that I can't find anything. It's making me nutso. Jack, however is good at finding stuff these days. I was speaking with our contractor the other day. Jack was watching Super Why, or so I thought. When we were finished, I went into the living room to find Jack in full Kabuki makeup. He found my sunscreen and proceeded to smear big gobs of it on his face! You should have seen him jump when I said "Jack!". That was the cutest part. His teacher told me that he was "really, really" into the body painting they did last week. She said his eyes rolled back into his head as he rhythmically rubbing his painted hands on his big white tummy. He had the same blissful look as he smeared sunscreen all over his face. I have to admit I was impressed that he didn't get a drop on anything but himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment