
Afterwards, we walked around the Japanese Tea Gardens and Botanical Gardens. Jack fell asleep in his stroller and kept folding over asleep. So, we stopped and let him nap in the park for and hour and a half. Not a bad day. That night, one of my friends babysat so Dad and I could go to dinner and check out Sheppard Fairey's gallery opening at White Walls. It was the first time I've ever asked "Is this piece available?" He's so good, none of them were.

The next morning, we started at the Ferry Terminal Farmer's Market. This is hands down the best market I've been too. It's unreal how good the fruit is in California. Growing up in Texas I had no idea what vine ripe fruit tasted like until I was an adult. It makes all the difference. Jack pounded piece after piece but his stomach survived. We had delicious chilaquiles with farm fresh eggs for breakfast. Again, delicious. When did the Bay Area get good Mexican food? That's new. From there, I met up with some girlfriends for a long, giggly brunch. Jack went with Dad to the coast and got his first glimpse of the ocean.
[vodpod id=Groupvideo.1578000&w=500&h=450&fv=intl_lang%3Den-us%26photo_secret%3Dd5a7db089e%26photo_id%3D2863908654]
more about "Jack Loves Miso on Flickr - Photo Sha...", posted with vodpod
Jack had a very novel culinary experience the next morning. We headed out for some very authentic Dim Sum. So authentic that no signs were in English. Besides the pork bun and sesame rolls, I still have no idea what I ordered but it was fantastic. Jack thought it was all very yummy. He tore into what I think was a pork dumpling and gnawed on it furiously. We had lunch in Japantown where Jack begged for Miso. It's his favorite. That's healthy, right?

All in all, we had a fantastic trip. Jack did very well on the plane (better than I expected) which is good because I was very nervous about traveling with him by myself. Dad was already there for work, so Jack and I set out on our own plane adventure. I think Jack's favorite thing were all the parks. We spent a lot of time letting him run around. I swear our baby is the Dog Whisperer. Jack was ecstatic about the birds and giant sea gulls. It was a nice contrast to all the time he spent strolling around town and riding the bus.
No comments:
Post a Comment