Yesterday was rough. Jack cried through his first nap and ended up falling asleep later in his Bjorn while we were out shopping. Then he cried for 20 minutes and tried to climb up my arm before he fell asleep for a short afternoon nap. Shawn had to go into the office briefly, so I sat at home listening to Jack cry and thinking "why are we doing this again?". It's hard to listen to my sweet baby cry for me. Poor guy hardly napped and cried himself to sleep at 5:45. Uggh. I told Shawn I'm only giving this 3 nights, then we quit. Shawn said I sounded like the moms on Supernanny who sleep in their kids beds because the kids won't sleep otherwise. Nuff said. Well, there was progress. Jack slept until 3:30 without so much as a peep! That's the longest he's slept in one stretch since he was a little teeny baby. Wow! I'm not being overly dramatic. A baby who sleeps well can change your life. Jack was wide awake at 5:00, but who cares. This is working and squirt is learning to go to sleep without the binky! This morning, Jack went down for his nap with only 8 minutes of mild fussing. Yesterday I was feeling like a horrible mother. This morning, I'm slowly falling in love with Dr. Ferber.

No comments:
Post a Comment