Saturday, May 12, 2012
Music Class
The kids and I started going to music class in the afternoon. The class is designed for kids and their parents to do together. We sing songs, play instruments and dance. While it seems silly on the surface, the reasons for exposing your kids to music early on are not silly. While the class is open to "all ages" I've never seen anyone past 3 attend. Most of the kids are toddlers. I didn't even think that Jack might enjoy it. Well, one day circumstances dictated that he come with Ivy and I. And he had a blast!!! I thought he would think it too baby-ish. But he was really in to it. So, this session I signed Jack up too. We went to our fist class this week. At one point the teacher emptied a bucket of instruments on the floor and invited the kids to play along with the music. Jack jumped up and yelled, 'This is my favorite part!". After much consideration he decided he would play the triangle. And that kid played that triangle right in time. He didn't miss a single beat.He kept perfect time through a fairly complicated song of overlapping beats. Even the teacher was impressed. I'd say he's a natural. That little class made him so so happy! It was such a joy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment