Sunday, July 10, 2011

Prince Jack

DSC_9595

We hurried back to Austin last weekend so Jack could attend a classmate's birthday party. At the last minute I remembered it was a Prince and Princess party. A quick early morning trip to Target taught me there are no boy costumes in the kids section. There should be. Little boys like to dress up too. My expectations weren't high. I hadn't remembered seeing much before, but really, no capes? No swords? SO we went home and I fashioned a cape out of some fabric I happened to have. A few safety pins and it worked. We made a sword and crown out of paper bags. Jack thought it was pretty cool. We trotted down to the children's museum in costume. We were told the party was upstairs. To my surprise it was all strangers. I got the day of the party wrong!!! Mom fail. We'll see if he still likes his costume this weekend...when the party really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment