
As we were driving this afternoon, Jack informed me that Zombies eat eyeballs...because they taste like poop. Uggh. If you've spent a minute with Jack lately you know his two favorite words are 'eyeballs' and 'poop'. At first it was cute. Now, it's annoying...especially when you are asking a legitimate question such as "Jack, what did you have for snack today?" and the answer is "Poop. And Eyeballs." Besides that, Jack has been a doll lately. He's really a little boy. He spends long stretches of time constructing lego castles and then gleefully smashing them. Or building lego robots that shoot each other. He likes things that battle. He likes to battle. He's into pirates lately so we have pirate battles. I think for his birthday he might get some play swords so that he will be fit for proper swashbuckling.
Ivy is a total chatterbox. A yucky cough had her up a lot last night. She would cough, wake up and then start talking. She most often calls out "Mommy!" but she will frequently yell out "DaDa" or "Jack Jack!". Last night she was calling out "water". I went in with some water. Shawn has been the designated middle of the night parent for the last month or so. (Turns out he's "tired from getting up at night". Wah Wah.) Anyway. I usually only go in the morning. So Ivy thought it was morning. She flipped out when I tried to put her back to sleep. I asked if she wanted to lay down with me and she said, "Yes. Sleep in Mommy bed. Mommy sleep too. Daddy sleep too." She was quiet and still for several minutes...then started to babble about everything in her world. She finally ended it with "Come Mamma, Up!"
No comments:
Post a Comment