Saturday, January 29, 2011

Early bird gets the boogers.

That's pretty much what Ivy says for the first few hours of every day. We are once again sick AND stuck in the waking up before 6 rut.We've tried everything we can think of to get Jack to sleep later. No manipulation of his bedtime seems to work. We often put him to bed really early because if he's going to be up at 5:30 we'd rather he be rested than cranky all day. Fun times. I know there is a slight chance that I'll be nostalgic about this in 10 years.....but I suspect not. The good news is that both kids fairly routinely sleep all night. Jack sleeps 11 hours, just not the same 11 hours that we want him to.

We're having a snot-filled weekend. Jack has a bug. Two weeks after the last bug. This one is snotty, which I'll take over puke any day. Jack developed a fever to accompany his yucko cough. I imagine we'll all get it one by one. This is what January is now. I use to love January. New year. Birthdays. Cold weather. January now means allergies, germs and multiple trips to the doctors office....and sweet Jack asking for 'liquid' over and over again. Where he picks up these terms, I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Well that's the pits. Hope he feels better soooooooonnnnnn!

    ReplyDelete