
This was a hard morning. Some mornings things are in sync and others it's like someone has cursed the place and nothing goes right. This morning Jack was really upset because the sun was up and he wanted the sun to be down. I think that pretty much characterizes 3 1/2. Some of my more experienced Mom Friends warned me about 3 1/2. They say forget the Terrible Twos, it should be the Terrible Threes. And they are right. I would never say that Jack is terrible. He's a very sensitive little boy who has feelings that are just too big for his body right now. He is going through one of those developmental spurts that have him out of sorts. And I feel so much for him. He's really frustrated and there is very little I can do about it. Unless anyone knows how to move the sun, the best I can do is to help him identify how he's feeling and help him learn to deal with it. To complicate things, Ivy is in the process of dropping her morning nap which has her schedule all wonked out and made her super needy. While we wait for these things to pass, Shawn and I could each use a serious massage.
No comments:
Post a Comment