Well, Ivy just slept from 9-4ish for the 5th night in a row. That’s almost 7 hours of sleep. 7 hours, people! I’m amazed and grateful and recognize that this could end any day. However, I’m like a new person every morning. Nothing feels better than sleep. Of course this means that I go to bed at 9pm…..but it feels awesome.
I wanted to write a bit about Jack, too. He is full of funny sayings lately. Despite all the screaming and 2-year-old meltdowns we’re really enjoying being his parents. Jack took a nice nap yesterday so come bedtime he was still full of energy. We went through the normal bedtime motions but he wasn’t winding down and was really pushing it. He jumped out of bed and said, “I know. I need to see something!” I got down in his face and said sternly, “Jack, you are not listening to Mommy. It is time to get in bed.” He smiled and said, “No, you not listening.” Nice. It made me giggle..on the inside.
Jack is really, really into playdough at the moment. The other day he smashed, cut, pressed, rolled and sqeezed his playdough with various toys and kitchen utensils for almost 2 hours. That some crazy concentration for a 2 year old.

No comments:
Post a Comment