Friday, September 25, 2009

Stuff

Still here. Still pregnant. Very pregnant. Officially more pregnant than I was with Jack. Any day you're ready, little girl, we're ready for you.

We had a nice little cold snap here this week. Long enough for me to figure out that I have exactly one pair of maternity pants that fit me. Anyway, it's energizing. I actually opened the windows in the house because it was cooler outside than in. Miraculous! As I like to do on cool afternoons, I was eating a big bowl of hot udon for lunch. Jack saw me and said, "What is that you eating Mommy, worms?". I of course said that yes, I was eating worms and asked if he'd like to try any. He did not.

Also, today we went to Jack's favorite place....Target. He will do almost anything if it promises a trip to Target. Well, I had to get some more Pull-Ups. He usually prefers the Big Red Car pull-ups and when we're out of them it's all he can focus on. Sometimes, he'll deign to wear a Robot Pull-Up which is what the generic Target brand has printed on their pants. He completely surprised me this morning when he said "No Big Red Car Dipeys....Dora Bora!". He was referring to the screamingly pink Dora the Explorer diapers. He has a special love for Dora that has translated into his needing to wear pink underpants. In a moment of parenting limbo I thought hard about what to say. I don't want to promote any abject gender stereotypes on my son, but I seriously hate the way the Pampers smell....very fake baby powdery. I decided to just go with it and buy him the Dora pants. Later we get home and given the option once again between the car pants or the dora pants, he chooses the girly drawers. Shawn puts them on and Jack immediately starts screaming "Too Small! Too Small!". I don't know if the girl diapers are sized differently or fit differently or what, but he was not having it. So now, I've got a whole pack of Dora Pull-ups that I guess we'll save for Ivy. No more pink princess pants for J-Dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment