Saturday, July 18, 2009

I meant to post this 2 weeks ago......and forgot. I wanted to get a good picture of us at the pool. I'll just add a random pic and post it anyway.

Jack Belly

Well, we've had almost two full successful weeks in the toddler bed. By success I mean Jack is happy and sleeps in his bed all night. We've only had two incidents where he even got out of bed. He is a deep night sleeper. He often talks, yells and laughs in his sleep. I find it really amusing. He has had a few nightmares, too. Those are much less fun as it is hard to wake him up or calm him down when those do happen. It all leaves me wondering what he dreams about. I asked him once and he said, "Animals.". I have no idea if he understood the question or not, but animals are a reasonable thing to dream about.

Jack is a real chatterbox lately. He can tell you clearly what he wants and even more clearly what he doesn't. He can also tattle. There was a hitting incident a week or so ago during his baby co-op. When I asked about his day he told me that "X was sad because Y hit X face". Who knows what he's telling others about us!

It's been ungodly hot here this summer. Last summer was bad (we had a really hot two weeks where it got over 100!). I remember thinking that at least this summer couldn't be worse than that. It is, in fact much much worse. The forecast highs don't go below 100 for the foreseeable future, with a high Tuesday of 105. WHY DO I LIVE HERE!!!! Anyway, being pregnant has made it harder to cope with. I barely go outside. When I do, I go to the pool. Even the car is unbearable after noon. (The other day it said 109 in the shade. WTF.) Anyway, I have to check in each day and remind myself not to get pissed about things you can't change. I'm coping by spending a lot of time at the pool. Luckily, Jack likes to swim. He figured out how to lay on his tummy on one of our floaties. His favorite thing lately is to throw his body face down on the float and use his legs to push himself around the baby pool. He goes back and forth and back and forth and so on. It's great for me, too. Even in the water he's getting to be heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment