Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of School

DSC_9705
DSC_9707
It's here again, the first day of school! It's the day we've waited for all summer. The day Jack gets to see his friends, the day Shawn has to start waking up early again....the day that means we made it through summer! It may be 105 today but school starting means it'll be 90 in no time.

Jack was unsure of starting today. He told me he was sick and couldn't go. Poor guy doesn't like change. Ever since he was tiny he has always preferred to be exactly where he is. "Want to go to the park?" "No, I want to stay home." "Ready to head back home?" "No, I want to stay at the park." Inertia. He needs a little push sometimes. So, we reluctantly went to school. I stayed nearby and spied on his class as they ran like crazy monkeys to the playground. Jack was all smiles and giggles. I have a feeling he's not going to want to come home.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! He looks so grown up..keep forgetting that he & Ava are the same age.

    ReplyDelete