Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Morning.

Well, we finally hit a stretch where my kids are sleeping past 5:30. In fact, Jack and Ivy have both been sleeping pretty well. Almost 4 years in to this parenting adventure I'm still preoccupied by how I can get more sleep. Here's the irony. My kids are both sleeping to what we've compromised on as a 'reasonable' time of day...and I decided to get up at 5:15 this morning anyway. To go to bootcamp. Not only did I hate nearly every minute of it (the running backwards part wasn't horrible. neither were the jumping jacks), but I woke Jack up on my way out. BOOOO. I shooed him back to bed but he was still up before 6. GAH! So my official excuse for quitting boot camp after one day is , "It wakes my kids up too early."

I made it 3/4 of the way through the workout before I wanted to vomit. I decided I needed to sit out. I thanked the coach and told her I was done. She gave me a very heartfelt and peppy pep talk about how I should come back. She was not going to let me go quickly. She understood and had a very saccharine way of telling me it was ok if I needed a break. She was one step shy of baby talk. I was five steps toward my car when she turned to the group and shouted, "Winners never quit...and quitting is for LOSERS!"

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these pictures! Ivy and Jack are getting so big and they are SO cute! We need to find a weekend to come see you guys!

    sorry to hear about youru bootcamp experience...that instructor would have annoyed me!

    ReplyDelete