What else? I haven't written about Jack's obsession with puzzles yet. He's like some jedi master who can sit still for long periods of time working on his floor puzzles. As his Mom, I'm allowed to be impressed but you should seriously see him put these things together. It's pretty cool. He doesn't need any help at all. His "teacher" told me that last week he sat by himself working on puzzles for 40 minutes while his friends smashed playdough. My immediate thought was that this is a great thing! I have a puzzle or two stashed away only to be pulled out when its time to nurse the new baby.
Speaking of the new baby, I'm really pregnant. For kicks, here's a photo. What else can I say about it. My belly is huge and in the way most of the time. Jack often wants me to play chase or jump on his bed with him. I'm good for a minute or two but then I'm spent. I'm ready for our little girl to arrive. Anyone care to wager? My due date is Sept 29th (or 28th or 30th depending on who's counting). Jack arrived one week early. I'm betting #2 comes early too.

The other week, Shawn was in NY for work. Being huge like I am, my family took turns spending the night and helping out with Jack. I'm so grateful for that. Jack had a great time. After each person left he would ask me several times, "Where Granma (or Paw Paw or Meredith) go?". For two days after Shawn left he asked me "Daddy go?" We pulled out a map and talked about airplanes. Then he stopped asking. When Shawn did come home a week later, he got to the house during nap time. Jack woke from his nap and saw Shawn in the hallway. He did a big double take and said "HI DADDY! I missed you Daddy." Melt my heart. I hadn't heard him use the word "miss" before. Now he tells Shawn all the time " I miss you Daddy". So stinkin' sweet.
We've been letting Jack use our camera. Yes, we are nuts. Here are some of the photos he took.



I'm voting for 9/19/09.
ReplyDeleteHow about 9/9/09? Has a real ring to it...
ReplyDeleteI'm feeling September 20th...
ReplyDelete