Monday, February 9, 2009

We're back.

We're back! We've been sick, sick and sick again around here. As soon as one bug starts to clear, we'd get another one. This last week was a cold which caused an ear infection and then a croupy virus on top of that. It's unreal. I've never been so constantly sick in my life. I guess that's part of the deal when your kid starts school or daycare. Do it now, or when he starts pre-school. I'm thankful (knock on wood) that we didn't pick up the flu or strep....both of which are going around.
Anyway. It seems like we're on an upswing today. The blog is sorely overdue for an update.

I intended to write about Jack's artistic adventures. His class painted a big cardboard school bus the other week. I went to pick him up and noticed he was covered in yellow paint. All the other kids were perfectly clean, and then there's my Jack.....covered like he'd laid down and rolled in the paint. Hair, face, shirt, pants, shoes...all yellow. Deep down I'm proud of him. His teacher said he had the most fun. Jack isn't timid and I love it.
Paint
Paint Hair

Jack has also taken an interest in photography, or the camera at least. If you're not careful he'll poke your camera to death. The one he didn't break is coated in baby goo....hence the soft artistic filter. He got the camera when I wasn't watching. There are a dozen or so pictures that look exactly like this.
Jack took this photo.

This weekend, my parents came for a little visit. Jack has a thing for his Grandpa. Maybe it's the mustache, I don't know. But he is definitely attached. When my dad stepped into the other room, Jack turned around to look for him. He pointed to the kitchen and said "Paw Paw?" I think he's been christened.

In the last few weeks Jack's vocabulary has continued to grow at an impressive rate. Some of what he's saying now: snow, snack, help, Diego, Dora, Ernie, Elmo, basket, bowl, play, berries, baby, book, slide, night night, towel, sweep, truck, hiding and my favorite, happy. The sweetest thing I've heard is Jack say "happy".

No comments:

Post a Comment